Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Tangling with life.....

So, life at the moment is full of a headcold, uni, toddler activities, housework, veggie gardening and............then.........when it's late and I should really be getting to bed.....there is Zentangling :)

Here's a little tangle I did for my sister's birthday - the balloon shapes are a stencil I have and then I just tangled away within each one. I found some groovy card type things in K-Mart that fold into themselves and become the card and the envelope so I used one of those to put the tangle in and the effect was pretty good. On the outer, I cut out some pretty star tissue paper in the shape of a balloon and stuck it to some light cardboard (actually, stuck it to the cardboard first and THEN cut it out - much easier) and then went around the outside of the stars and the balloon shape with a silver pen. I dotted around the balloon with the same pen and then cut a small length of silver craft wire and bent it to look like the string of a balloon. I stuck that to the back of the balloon and then stuck the whole thing onto the outside of the all-in-one card. And this is what it all looked like.....

Inside....


Outside.....


She loved it, which was pretty cool :) Have another one to do for a friend's birthday on Friday so will get cracking on that tonight - snotty head allowing.


No comments:

Post a Comment